I'd like to take a photo everyday in 2013. Anyone have a good app that they used this year to help remind and collate them?
How about this?
1.) When taking a photo, you can just click a button to switch to back camera. It will ask you to position your nose and eyes but ditch that and just take ordinary photos with your back camera. You can set a reminder or two and it will remind you to take a photo. At any time, you can render a video of all the photos with slow-medium-fast settings.
2.) You can set a simple reminder on your calendar as well. Just set the repeat setting to every day.
3.) There's an app coming out soon which will allow you to record 1 second of video every day. Check it out, it looks good.
There are different options:
- take a picture directly from within the app
- queue pictures up and schedule their post for once a day (supports up to 365 posts)
- the Archive page gives a great visual overview of what you posted day by day. Great to find images again!
- Super easy backup application comes for free with the service
- Organizing is reduced to tagging posts
You could do something similar with Bloggr, or even you G+ profile and albums
- organize images on boards
- easy to use
- organize images in Notebooks
- set them public or private
- allow others to collaborate
- perhaps a bit overdone for the purpose?
Oh yeah, definitely Day One. I use it all the time and totally forgot to mention it because I'm mainly using it for writing but it's perfect for keeping a photo journal as well. For each post, Day One automatically sets the date and time the photo was taken, place and even temperature. You can also set daily reminders.
They are not using their own servers for hosting your content so you need Dropbox or iCloud.
Downloaded Day On - looks great. Like the way it will either use your current location for a GPS tag or you can use GPS from the photo. I've hooked it up to dropbox and it seems to sync nicely between an iphone and ipad.
Downside is its price on the appstore, but I want to rely on it if this is a year project!
Evernote is a tool for many different things. It can be used only for photos but it's mainly an advanced note taking app/service.
@Mark, I know you already got DayOne and it's perfectly fine for your project but here's another alternative I found today. It's made specifically just for that and looks good, too.
Thanks for your feedback! Team Branch