Thanks for joining the Branch, Nick!
Here's my experience:
- I'm a student and had 3 'work experiences' (two of them were job-like internships, and I'm currently working part-time as a social media consultant while finishing up my University degree)
- To get these previous positions, I first found about the offer, or contacted the employer directly on Twitter.
- Then I sent them my Linkedin and had Interviews in person (or on skype)
Now, while this is very symbolic of the Tech/Web industry more than any other, and while it's obvious that other industries simply CAN'T evolve the same way (my usual examples are Law/Health/Corporate) I do agree with you that
- there needs a way to sort things!
- but a piece is indeed poor, yes!