I was initially very cross with Keith Ng when reports said he had revealed his kiosk source.
The sanctity of source confidentiality is important. Journalist rely on it, and breaking it would make others hesitant to come forward.
I'm glad Keith has cleared things up and the name getting out wasn't his fault.
1. Should there be a bounty for revealing misconduct or security flaws?
2. Is there one set of rules for govt/private?
3. How should someone go about blowing the whistle, what are the best steps?
4. Should media be notified, or should the organisation be given the opportunity to fix its mistakes?
5. What are the legal ramifications, what are the best steps?
6. What recourse is there for the organisation?